Okay...so I know that this is March, and that my birthday was come and gone in January...but I just came across these pictures and thought that a make up post was in order!!
My birthday was great!! Or at least it turned out that way...though Vern was a little frustrated with me at one point!! hahaha
So, without making the connection that it was my bday, I scheduled a Senior Photo Shoot that afternoon way out in Scottsdale!! No big deal, right!?? Well, then I was feeling a bit generous and agreed to drive the girl home (at her father's request). Which turned out to be a VERY BIG deal!! First of all, I didn't realize that she lived FOREVER away. And secondly (and most importantly)...I had NO idea that Vern had made surprise plans for us (complete with a babysitter).
So I show up, EXTREMELY late and feeling quite pleased with myself and my good deed...but Vern wasn't quite so pleased!! He rushed me through a quick treasure map the kids had made me to find my presents (see below)- gave me just enough time to give the kids quick kisses...and we were out the door!!
My birthday was great!! Or at least it turned out that way...though Vern was a little frustrated with me at one point!! hahaha
So, without making the connection that it was my bday, I scheduled a Senior Photo Shoot that afternoon way out in Scottsdale!! No big deal, right!?? Well, then I was feeling a bit generous and agreed to drive the girl home (at her father's request). Which turned out to be a VERY BIG deal!! First of all, I didn't realize that she lived FOREVER away. And secondly (and most importantly)...I had NO idea that Vern had made surprise plans for us (complete with a babysitter).
So I show up, EXTREMELY late and feeling quite pleased with myself and my good deed...but Vern wasn't quite so pleased!! He rushed me through a quick treasure map the kids had made me to find my presents (see below)- gave me just enough time to give the kids quick kisses...and we were out the door!!
Vern FLEW down the freeway...barely saying a word (like I said...not real pleased that I was SOOOOO late!!). And I was confused what could possibly warrant such a rush!! But by the time we got to AZ Mills, we were all smiles and I realized, just in time, where he was taking me! We were going to see "AVATAR" at the IMAX Theatre (3D). IT WAS AWESOME!! And totally worth the rush to get there (and being scared for my life watching Vern drive like a MANIAC!)
As if the movie wasn't cool enough...they gave us these rockin' awesome glasses!! jk.But I was feeling pretty bad about having not seen the kids much after my photo session...I hadn't even gotten a single picture with them! But I figured that could be solved!! They're so much more cooperative when they sleep anyways!!




2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like it was wonderful. And you are like the tenth person I know that is reading the Hunger Games. I need to pick it up.
Call me sometime!
Too cute! Happy Belated Birthday!! Looks like you all are doing well!
Post a Comment